Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sewing free t-shirt cutting with Kat Von D and a Thrifty Cent life update!

This is probably something a lot of you have already done, but there are a surprising amount of people who have never customized a clothing item themselves. I started getting experimental with my clothes in junior high. My "creations" looked a little shoddy back then but I've gotten pretty good and tailoring my clothes (except jeans. Too thick and I am too cheap to buy a denim needle for my sewing machine. Quit judging me.).


Here is a step-by-step video tutorial of how Kat Von D (I have a small obsession) cuts her t-shirts. No needles involved. You just need scissors and a shirt.








My workweek has been pretty hectic and all around dumb this week. I am half-way through an eight-day stretch of work at Dollar Tree, AND I just got a new full-time job, soooo I worked two jobs today! I put in my two-week quitting notice today, as in I told a manager. It is not bittersweet, it is purely sweet.


My new job is at an optometry office (seems better to just say eye doctor place). I just did a two hour get-briefed-on-every-thing-at-once session today. I will be the new receptionist, but I also get to do the pre-exam eye tests, like administering the air-puff machine and all those fun gadgets. That part is appealing to me. I think it will be fun to shoot sharp gusts of air at someone's eye. There is another machine that magnifies the persons eye and you have to try and center a little circle on their pupil, but it's a challenge since pupils don't hold still. However, there is a lot of less fun information to memorize, like the scheduling procedures and all the various insurance company policies. (That's actually terrifying. I am nervous.)


This new job marks the end of three years of dollar store reign. (I have worked at both Dollar General and Dollar Tree. Sadly, I never got the chance to add Family Dollar to my resume. Shucks.)



Anyways, if you're reading this, what would you like to see more of?


[polldaddy poll=4733158]


<3 Thank you for your feedback and comments. They mean more to me than you know. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment