Monday, April 22, 2013

I met Kat Von D and my Weekend in Philly (OOTD!)

I was lured into the city of brotherly love this past weekend with the chance to meet Kat Von D at her book signing Saturday night. I waited in line after purchasing her new coffee table book Go Big or Go Home (which is a delightful salad of gorgeous artwork, tattoos, and thoughtful essays). My anxiety was reaching critical mass, and by the time I actually saw her I was seriously considering bolting, I was so nervous. All my fears were for naught, thankfully. She was so kind and sweet and made me feel like she actually gave a crap. She told me she also likes Siouxsie & the Banshees too and hugged me twice. It's Monday and I am still grinning.

[caption id="attachment_1128" align="aligncenter" width="560"]philly 033 She was wearing the coolest Lita's I've ever seen.[/caption]

philly kat von d1


I look quite haphazard outfit-wise, but we had to head out into town as soon as we arrived so I had no time to put together a coherent look, but I wore the Siouxsie band tee I've had since high school, purple acid wash skinnies, a highligher yellow messenger bag from JustFab.com, and my vintage leather pixie boots from the $2-per-bag thrift store. I am also wearing my new Earnest Hemingway collection eyeglasses that I got for FREE at my lovely place of employment.


While in town, we stayed with my most awesome friend Sara. Her neighborhood has a high population of hipsters, which means a high density of badass restaurants. Say what you may about hipsters, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to make delicious progressive food. I forgot my ID, so I had to sneak a bottle of unknown contents into an establishment, and it exploded. That was horrifying and hilarious all at once. We ate at Loco Pez (I had an amazing deep-fried hot dog), Memphis Taproom (where I had my first catfish po'boy), and Cedar Point Bar & Kitchen (where I had an egg and mushroom bake with Cajun sauce and a massive homemade biscuit). So much good eatin' in a 24-hour time-span.

[caption id="attachment_1130" align="aligncenter" width="560"]philly 036 At the Memphis Taproom. Zach's beard is immense.[/caption]

I fulfilled two dreams in one weekend, with the second being to visit the Mutter Museum. It was awesome. No photography was allowed, but my brain was filled to the brim. A visit to this place will make you realize how precious good health is. Here are the photos I took in the lobby:


philly 045 philly 051 philly 049 philly 046

Philly was a blast!

philly 044

4 comments:

  1. I love Kat Von D! I could never get a tattoo since I have commitment issues and would probably want it removed a month later, but I love them on other people. My favorite are the little stars she has on her face :)

    Um I also love your purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good 24 hour time period full of good eats at hipster restaurants:-). Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why like me you get a tiny ish one on your foot that some people have referred to as a stamp...ha ha have yet to work up the guts for a bigger one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Philly!! It's the only other city I know like I know NYC

    ReplyDelete