Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Featured Fashionable Item: Vintage Train Cases

It's sad that people don't use these all that often these days. Vintage train cases are like mini-suitcases, intended for carrying luggage or goods for short trips. Think of them as predecessors to the "caboodles" of the 1980s and 90s. I have two myself, one that I use to keep my "for sale" jewelry.

This is my favorite of the two:





It says "Lady Baltimore" on it. How cute?! I got it for $2 at the local charity thrift store. Haven't seen any as good as this one since. Not like I need more stuff... But this is great for me to use to carry all my handmade/vintage jewelry from place to place and makes for a great display too! I'd like to get a few more like this to use for displays at consignment shops/other places that will allow me to sell my jewelry (when I get to that point).

Here are some lovely train cases I found on etsy.com. All relatively affordable too. Click the images to view the sale pages.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="567" caption="From etsy seller PocketFullofHeirloom. (When I first read the name, I mistook heirloom for herion. Eeek, I jump to conclusions when I read.)"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="480" caption="From etsy seller Carolsthreads."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="570" caption="From etsy seller rustmagnet."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="479" caption="From etsy seller WellWudJaLookAtThat."][/caption]

2 comments:

  1. Love 'em! I have a couple myself...one that looks like yours in blue and one that looks like the third one in white! :-) where do you sell your jewelry? Do you have an etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] #split {}#single {}#splitalign {margin-left: 0px; margin-right: auto;}#singlealign {margin-left: 0px; margin-right: auto;}.linkboxtext {line-height: 1.4em;}.linkboxcontainer {padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;background-color:#ffffff;border-color:#eeeeee;border-width:1px; border-style:solid;}.linkboxdisplay {padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}.linkboxdisplay td {text-align: center;}.linkboxdisplay a:link {text-decoration: none;}.linkboxdisplay a:hover {text-decoration: underline;} function opensingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = ''; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = 'none'; } function closesingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = 'none'; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = ''; } Five Train Cases to Store Your Makeup, StylishlyFeatured Fashionable Item: Vintage Train Cases [...]

    ReplyDelete