Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thrifty Finds: How much is $1 worth?

A ring! I apologize in advance for the webcam pics. My real camera won't turn on (eeeek!), and updates are needed!

Thrifty alert!! Michael's (the craft store) has these cool floral roses in several varieties for only $1 each. I bought two. Here's the one I wore today:

Grainy picture, but it's a gem atop a rose decal, with fancy metalwork.

I have two!

I also got three clip in fabric hair flowers for $1 each. (My hair is getting so long that I've been lazy with it, so I am trying to spice it up a bit. Seriously, my hair is only an inch or two from my butt. I love it but it gets sooo knotty. I am considering getting it layered to make it more manageable but I have bad luck with hair stylists.)

Last week, my boyfriend and I decided to go to the big antique store near his house. When I say big, I mean five buildings big. We only went into two, but here's what I found:

Only $2!!!!!!!!!

It was only $2! The stone is actually a thin hollow piece of celluloid, so it's fragile, but cool nonetheless. It was falling off, so I used my super glue pen and fixed it. It's a very cool, dramatic piece with a chunky chain. (Alliteration!)

A dollar can go a long way if you know where to look!

If you like this post, comment, digg it, tweet it, whatever floats your boat -- anything helps get the word out about my blog!

1 comment:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Krystle Morgan, Krystle Morgan. Krystle Morgan said: How much is $1 worth? http://wp.me/pNXAk-5o [...]

    ReplyDelete