Sunday, February 27, 2011

6 Different Ways to Wear a Silky Nightgown (outside of the bedroom!)

Right now sheer and chiffon fabrics are showing up on runways and all over street fashion blogs. Several designers featured semi-sheer leopard designs in their runway shows at Fashion Week. (In fact, the pants from the Betsey Johnson show appear to be in the same exact print or fabric as the nightgown I am using). My favorite item of clothing is this semi-sheer leopard nightgown. Here are a few ways in which I put it to use.

Hope this inspires you!

 

#1. Loose, as is.



The first, and most obvious, way to wear an item like this is loose and flowy, perhaps with leather leggings or skinny jeans. It can also function as a dress.

 

#2. Swimsuit cover-up.

[caption id="attachment_484" align="alignnone" width="490" caption="The sunglasses are designer lookalikes that I got at a 99cent store in Las Vegas."][/caption]

I've clipped it in the back to give a more formfitting silhouette. Just throw it on with a pair of sunglasses and sandals and you're ready to go from the beach to the boardwalk! I wore this as my cover-up at the beach in Rhode Island and in Maryland, and I actually got quite a few compliments and people asking me where I got it.

 

#3. Belted, as a dress or tunic.

[caption id="attachment_485" align="alignnone" width="490" caption="The belt was around $9 from Body Central."][/caption]

Throw a belt on it, and it's instantly awesome.

 

#4. Tied or tucked, as a blouse.



I like to tie a knot on the side, but you could also just tuck the shirt into your pants or skirt. Long necklaces pair well with loose fitting blouses, so I've placed one on the dressform.

 

#5. With a vest.

[caption id="attachment_488" align="alignnone" width="490" caption="This is a $3 velvet GAP vest I got from the Salvation Army on 50% off day."][/caption]

Buttoned, or...



Unbuttoned, for a more Janis Joplin kinda look.

 

#6. With a blazer.



Here, I've paired it with my red velvet blazer that I got at a bag sale ($2 for a big paper grocery ball full). Looks pretty classy!

 

So, there's (at least) 6 ways to wear one top! Maximize your functionality, and also maximize your money!

The nightgown I used was around $3 or $4, and is by New York & Co.

Be sure to leave a comment and tell me what you think!!!

1 comment: