Thursday, October 25, 2012

My New York City Shopping Trips Part III: Monk Thrift Shop, Greenwich Village

3. Monk Thrift Shop

Address: 175 MacDougal St
New York, NY 10011





 

This, admittedly, was not on my list, but I was drawn in my the signage. Honestly, it was disappointing. Things were expensive, making it more vintage boutique than thrift store. There were some high end designer items, like Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Gucci, and D&G. However, a lot of items (weirdly enough, especially the designer items) were in bad condition -- tears, stains, and missing buttons and hooks. Everything I liked was upwards of $100, which threw me off because there were posters saying"Dresses $9." I saw none. They did have a lot of legit vintage clothing, however. They also have men's clothing. I didn't buy anything here, but I enjoyed sifting through the racks.

Final thoughts: Pass on this one. Too expensive for the quality of the items.

1 comment: