Thursday, October 25, 2012

My New York City Shopping Trips Part V: Search & Destroy Vintage in Saint Mark's Place

5. Search & Destroy Vintage

25 St. Marks Pl
(between 3rd Ave & Astor Pl)
New York, NY 10003
Neighborhood: East Village





This store is awesome. Located in the famed punk neighborhood of Saint Mark's Place, Search & Destroy might look intimidating to the passerby, but I felt like a kid in a candy store. I wanted to buy so much, but we were pressed for time and in desperate need of a restroom. The prices were reasonable (in New York City terms). I found an awesome 60's avant garde print polyester dress marked $24. There was a pair of velvet Doc Martins. I kid you not. It is a cramped inside, not that it was a small store, but more that there is just so much stuff. They sell vintage and new items for an alternative client base. Right up my alley, and, they happen to be right across the street from another awesome Saint Mark's Place institution, Trash and Vaudeville.

Final thoughts: A must see!

 

1 comment:

  1. That neighborhood has so many good little stores! But, too many pairs of cowboy boots.

    ReplyDelete