Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fashion Icon: Kat Von D

I am pretty much in love with this woman. I watch her show religiously. (Speaking of which, the new season of L.A. Ink is premiering later this month!)  She's a talented tattoo artist and is branching out into other mediums. She does beautiful photography, designed a make-up line with Sephora, and writes books. (They may not be great American novels, but the point is, she's becoming a mogul.) To top it off, Kat has an amazing style.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="352" caption="Wearing over-the-knee boots before they blew up in popularity."][/caption]

I've been wanting a pair of over the knee boots, and that photo just makes me want them more. One could definitely argue that her style is a hot mess, but to me, it's just messy enough that it looks great.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="330" caption="Cropped jacket, lame pants."]Kat wearing lame pants.[/caption]

I've been guilty of wearing the lame leggings as pants... Only once, and it was part of a costume. But I do love those leggings. I wear them under torn jeans and under dresses and tunics.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="387" caption="Leather vest, spandex leggings."]Spandex... oh my.[/caption]

Maybe I like her because she shares a lot of my fashion loves: platform wedges, leather (well, I try to get pleather or vintage leather), studs, etc. When you look at her, you can just tell that she is confident in herself and her style.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="170" caption="Big, bold sunglasses."][/caption]

Big, bold sunglasses (that suit your face) can really make an otherwise boring outfit look great. I love sunglasses, but unfortunately I've been cursed with glasses. I should try contacts again... Until then, I just slip sunglasses over my normal glasses. Probably a major faux pas but I don't give a crap. In any case, Kat Von D is clearly a girl who enjoys accessorizing. She might not be running around in pink, but she is a girl who seems to enjoy clothes.

Like her? Hate her? Let me know with some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment