Thursday, September 27, 2012

Scenes from Pirate Weekend!

Renaissance Faires are great places to see unusual fashion. My boyfriend and I went to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire twice this summer. We ate large haunches of meat and we are not ashamed.

Here are some highlights:



Two lovely girls with pretty hair!



Falconry.





Crazy synth-goth boots. They were very alarmed and confused when I asked if I could photograph them for this blog, but they were just crazy enough to let some weird girl take pictures of their shoes for what they could only hope was a real blog. I just love ridiculous shoes. Is that so wrong?!



Jolly minstrels.

And, me and some friends:



I am wearing some mildly pirate-y garb -- a silk red and black striped blouse with a black denim 90s vest with leather trim, both thrifted from Goodwill. Stay tuned for a post with my haul of goodies, which includes a poison stash necklace. The merchant suggested that it might also store that which Eric Clapton so famously sung about. I prefer poison!

I love shopping at weird festivals like this. I always find such unusual items, like a teeny tiny white leather satchel. At our RenFaire, there are vendors who make custom leather boots, corsets, blades, glassblowers, and even people selling animal bones.

I'd love to see photos that you guys have of your experiences with Renaissance Faires. Do you dress up? Comment!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Krystle!
    I do dress for the Faire a lot. I too can't afford some of the clothing they sell but have had a lot of luck looking in the clearance racks and thrift shops for pieces that look "period" and put those with one or two of the more authentic items that I have invested in. It's fun to get creative. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete