Thursday, April 22, 2010

Featured: Plastic Rings

Cheap looking jewelry is something I really can't resist, and bubble gum machine rings are no exception. They could look tacky, but some of them are really neat. Plus, they totally fit with the Thrifty Cent ideal -- they're usually only fifty cents. There are a lot of varieties of plastic rings. Vintage rings from the 6os and 70s are little bit more sought after and will run you a bit more money, but you can find some decent deals on etsy or eBay. Also, nicer plastic rings can be purchased pretty much anywhere. Claire's always has a nice selection.

Here are some I found floating through the vast internet ocean:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="My rings."]


I thought I'd show off some of my personal plastic ring collection. Yes, I have enough to warrant the use of the word "collection."
[/caption]

This isn't all of them, but it's a good cross-section. My personal favorite is the green googly eye ring I bought at a vintage boutique in New York, only to find them later in an arcade as prizes. They were only 3 tickets each. Needless to say, I have a whole lot of googly eye rings. My other favorite is the green smiley face ring. That one I didn't get out of a bubble machine either. I got it at a gas station for like $4, which seems steep but I really wanted it and it's better quality that the cheap-os.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! My fave is the pink skull! And then the smiley! :-D

    ReplyDelete