Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"My Style" throwbacks...

Some pictures I never got around to posting and some from before I started this blog.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="305" caption="Queen of Hearts Costume"][/caption]

I am wearing:

- Yard sale earrings (little running bunnies) - $0.10

- Halter dress (Salvation Army, can't remember the price but probably less than $4)

- Black and red polka dotted vintage skirt (Thrift Store, $2ish)

- Red vintage apron, vintage (antique store, $3, which I thought was kind of pricey)

- Claire's and Kohl's bracelets

-Red wedges (Payless, can't remember the price)

I wore that outfit for an Alice in Wonderland dance. I was proud of myself for putting together a pretty cute ensemble.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="359" caption="Sailor skirt (flea market) and moon boots (Payless, $6)."][/caption]

Got the skirt at a flea market and the belt is a plastic fish scale belt. It's vintage. And amazing. I think the skirt was $2. The person I bought it off of had sewn it herself. So, it's one of a kind. I sound pretentious. I apologize. I love this outfit.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="364" caption="All black outfit, but crappy picture."][/caption]

I wore this to a formal dinner at my university. I have had those ridiculous platform mary janes since high school. I got them at Hot Topic on super clearance for $4!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="452" caption="Zombie Axl Rose costume."][/caption]

Axl Rose is a huge influence on my style. I guess he's kind of a douche and is really gross looking now, but in the 80s and early 90s he was a mega-babe and had badass style. I love the way he combined aviators with rolled up bandanas. I am wearing a vintage leather vest I purchased off of eBay after looking at too many Kat Von D photos. Basically this is a combinations of Kat Von D and Axl rose. I would love to see their lovechild.

Sidenote: eBay is a great place to find used clothing. It's cheaper than most etsy stores (because etsy sellers are aware that they can charge a pretty penny for old clothing) and has more selection.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="453" caption="My Lizzie Borden costume..."][/caption]

Nothing about this really screams Lizzie Borden, but it was a last minute Halloween costume. I used some bloodied gauze (a decoration, not real) as a hip scarf and wore a groundhog skull I found along some railroad tracks as a choker. I have a puff-sleeved button up with a waist cincher corset over it, and a black peasant skirt.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="453" caption="Another shot..."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="604" caption="I'm the one in the polkadot skirt."][/caption]

I like this picture because it shows how much my style has changed. (This is from about three years ago, give or take.) I still like my outfit in this picture, but since I am 21 years old now, I've had to grow up a little. Still, I kinda wish I could dress like this. I have to get a job, though.

Well, that's it for now. I am posting entries in spurts because I am stalling on doing my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment