Thursday, January 17, 2013

Recent Thrifted Finds - Winter 2012 Review

blog 037

 

A thick black leather belt with an awesome silver crescent moon belt buckle. $2 at my local animal shelter thrift store.

blog 034

Thick white leather belt with a big gold buckle. Again, $2.

blog 031 blog 033

This little gem was found at my all time favorite vintage shop EVER, Miss Ruth's Time Bomb in Carlisle, PA. If you live in the area, hit it up. I have found some awesome pieces here. This belt was $6. From the geometric shape of it, it looks to be from the eighties.

blog 019

White leather ankle boots. Slouchy and cute. I found this at my nearest Goodwill. They were $6.95, which admittedly is a little expensive for thrifting, but I find good shoes so rarely, I just had to.

blog 052

Wild West velvet waistcoat. I can't say no to velvet vests or jackets. $3.95 at Goodwill.

blog 046

Long-sleeve button-up blouse with black cording detail. It is repeated on the cuffs as well. It's a little Grandma-ish but I like that. I am still questing for the perfect white button-up blouse, and this one is pretty awesome, but I am looking for one that's silkier and has pockets. The quest continues! $3 at the animal shelter thrift store.

blog 027

 

This bag is what thrifting dreams are made of. It's a 50s/60s era snap-closure handbag. Just awesome. The outside is like those heavy velvety curtains your Grandma had. $4, local thrift store.

 

5 comments: