Sunday, November 28, 2010

Street Style Round-up: Combat boots, Doc Martens, Dread-falls, and Velvet

These are from the Easy Fashion of Paris blog. This is one of my favorite street style blogs, ever. Those Parisians really know how to dress.

I post these because they have inspired me, and hope they can do the same for you.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="512" caption="The drape-y dress looks like she rouched it up herself. Looks great with the Doc boots. Also, those sunglasses -- I got ones that look IDENTICAL at a $0.99 store in Vegas."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="512" caption="That coat is to die for. Looks vintage. I love the dark wash jeans with the white Doc boots. I want to try and do a look like this with my faux fur leopard vest."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="512" caption="What's not to love here? When you have a brightly dyed hair color, you can get crazier with hair accessories. They purple headband looks great with her dreadlocks poking out behind! You can find similar headbands at dollar stores, or could easily attach a large bow to a headband you already own. I love the colored chain link choker as well - it would be very inexpensive to recreate. Also, this girl is gorgeous!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="512" caption="This a very classic look that appears to have been inspired by Anne Bancroft's character in The Graduate. I love chiffon tops and dresses, especially in animal print. I have a chiffon night gown by New York & Company that I got for a couple bucks at a thrift store. I wear it as a tunic or a dress. I can belt it at the empire waist or tie a knot in the side and let it be a flowy peasant blouse. This woman has belted hers with a cord or rope, which looks like the kind they sell as curtain tie backs. (You could use that to make your own belt!)"][/caption]

This last one is from Lookbook.nu:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="476" caption="I post this girl's looks a lot! I love velvet, and I love lace. Both are readily available in thrift stores, especially since they were both so popular in the 90s. Forever 21 also has (or at least had) velvet skirts like this one for only about $12-13. I know, because I bought one. I am also a fan of this girl's hair."][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment